Sunday, June 7, 2009

Finished Turtle


Just finished this thing from Tamie Snow's new book, Tiny Yarn Animals. It was the only cool pattern in the whole book. The rest are very simple to figure out on your own. I like the use of half double crochet stitches for the shell. I'm thinking the key to coming up with innovative amigurumi designs is the creative use of the half double crochet stitch. Many simple designs rely only on the single crochet stitch.

Now I never have to buy the Super Poke pattern from Roxycraft.com because it's the same exact thing.

1 comment:

  1. This is cute. I have no idea what the "half double crochet stitch" is, but it sounds quite impressive. I also love your "photo" of you and Darren (I assume) in your About Me section. When we ever swap crafts, I totally want an amigurumi me and Mark. :)

    ReplyDelete