Thursday, May 28, 2009

Prince of All Cosmos Baby Hat

Last year, some friends alerted me that this pattern existed and commanded me to make it for them when and if they ever procreated. Well, they procreated, so I must submit to their demands. How could I not? All babies should wear this hat from the Katamari Damacy video game.Far Left: Original Pattern by Veronica (that's her kid)
Center: The hat I made (on a penguin I made)
Far Right: Actual Prince of All Cosmos from the Japanese Katamari Damacy video game

This was a quick, fun project to work on. The pattern is basically a simple bonnet with two bumps sewn to it. I tried really hard to center it up, but I think I only semi-succeeded. The fun part, of course, is buying yarn. I got three lovely new greens I can incorporate into other projects. The best part about making amigurumis or baby things is they don't take up a lot of yarn, so the overall project isn't very expensive. There are three crafts I've been asked not to partake in: Quilting, Scrap booking, & Jewelery making because they're all SO EXPENSIVE. So I'm happy, the cheapskate husband (whom I love more than ice cream) is happy, and whoever I give these crazy things to is happy. It's a classic example of a "Win-Win-Win Situation". Just in case you couldn't figure it out based on that phrase alone.

Next up: Finishing that dang pink poney Crystal Dawn wanted probably 10 years ago...

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I am NOT into video games, and never have been, so I don't really get this hat, but it's very creative. And weird looking. Especially weird looking. But hey, glad they'll like it!

    ReplyDelete