Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Re-start

That was a lousy start to a blog. Let us begin again. I've been working my tail off at two jobs, and finally quit the one so I can start crocheting again. I've decided I'm ok with having a hobby that I'm slightly obsessed with. Here are a few projects I recently finished:


Bub and Bob from the classic Nintendo game Bubble Bobble
Original Design

Elmo (The Terrifying)
Pattern by A Crochet Ninja

I took the time to re-organize my craft space. I feel more inspired
to make progress on my "to-finish" pile. I still have to finish the
pink pony, Elizabeth Doherty's "Benny" monkey, Barack Obama, and a smaller sized "Bub" that will eventually fit inside of a plastic Christmas ornament so he looks like he's floating in a bubble. LIKE THE GAME. What I'm REALLY looking forward to is my giant peacock project. I've sketched it out and have a good idea how to create it. I have all the yarn planned out. It's going to take forever to do it justice. My real goal is to participate in a craft show and just be able to show what I can do. But I think I need to sharpen my skills. There are a lot of talented artists out there whose medium is yarn.
Some of my favorites include Elizabeth Doherty, Gege Crochet, and April Draven.

I have found that making amigurumis is a very calming, creative outlet for me. I feel I've accomplished something important when a project is completed.

3 comments:

  1. I wondered where you had went! glad you're back! :) write more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. only if you come back to the united states of america and go rock climbing with me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job!
    I'm flattered you put me among your favorites :D
    -AprilDraven

    ReplyDelete